- The Huawei Ascend P8 measures 144.90 x 72.10 x 6.40mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 144.00 grams and it was launched in Gold and Grey colours.
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei Ascend P8 include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.10, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India).
- The Huawei Ascend P8 is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Regular and Regular cards.
- The Huawei Ascend P8 runs Emotion UI 3.1 based on Android 5.0 and packs 16GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 128GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Ascend P8 on the rear packs 13-megapixel cameraand it sports a 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei Ascend P8 runs Android 5.0 and is powered by a 2,680mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei Ascend P8 is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Hisilicon Kirin 935 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM.
- Huawei Ascend P8 The phone comes with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels at a pixel density of 424 pixels per inch (ppi).
Huawei P8 Key Features
- 2680mAh battery .
- Optional Dual Sim .
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic .
- Android OS v5.0 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1 .
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording, selfie panorama mode .
- 5.2″ 1080p IPS-NEO LCD (424 ppi) capacitive touchscreen with Gorilla Glass 3 .
- Optional special screen film can add capacitive buttons to the front of the device .
- 16GB/64GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot, doubling as a secondary SIM slot on the Dual SIM model .
- Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 930 chipset – quad-core 2GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.5GHz Cortex-A53, Mali-T628 MP4 GPU; 3GB of RAM; .
- Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps); Dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.1; GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou (BDS); FM radio; NFC; microUSB port with USB On-The-Go .
- 13MP autofocus camera with dual-tone LED flash, RBGW sensor and F/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording, some unique camera modes such as Light Trails and Light Painting .
Huawei P8 Main Disadvantages
- No Wi-Fi ac support .
- No 4K video recording .
- Non-removable battery .
- No enhanced resistance to water or dust .
- No quick charging or wireless charging support .
Huawei P8 Key Test Findings
- Almost no traces of material design were found, despite Google’s latest Android version running underneath .
- Emotion UI v.3.1 is great, smooth, with rich customization options and powerful system tools. The transition to Android 5.0 Lollipop has some bugs to iron out, but is on the right track .
- Video player handles all video and audio codecs, except AC3 sound .
- 1080p video is lacking, bitrate is rather low. 4K should’ve been available on this price .
- Still images offer lots of detail, excellent panorama samples, Light Trails and Light Painting modes are unique and easily usable .
- Clean audio output with excellent quality, but rather quiet .
- Solid performance, stellar CPU score, uninspiring GPU benchmarks .
- All-round connectivity with LTE Cat.6, dual-SIM option available .
- Battery life is very good, but not amazing .
- Gorgeous 5.2-inch IPS NEO display, with deep blacks, nice and punchy colors .
- Excellent materials and build quality .
- Impressively solid aluminum unibody, thin profile with a clean and simplistic look .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei P8
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 – L09, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 – UL00
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 40(2300) – L09, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – UL00
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2015, April
144.9 x 72.1 x 6.4 mm (5.70 x 2.84 x 0.25 in)
144 g (5.08 oz)
Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.2 inches, 74.5 cm2 (~71.4% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~424 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), upgradable to 6.0 (Marshmallow); EMUI 3.1
HiSilicon Kirin 930 (28 nm)/ HiSilicon Kirin 935 (28 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
16/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
Single, 13 MP, f/2.0, 28mm (wide), 1.12µm, OIS, AF
Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
Single, 8 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide)
|Selfie Camera Video||
24-bit/192kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
4.1, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (market dependant)
microUSB 2.0, USB Host
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Non-removable Li-Po 2680 mAh battery
Carbon Black, Prestige Gold (64 GB model), Titanium Grey, Mystic Champagne (16 GB model)
GRA-UL00, GRA-L09, GRA-UL10
|Specific Absorption Rate||
0.47 W/kg (head) 1.72 W/kg (body), 1.41 W/kg (head) 1.23 W/kg (body)
About 230 EUR