- Huawei P10 Plus smartphone was launched in February 2017 in Prestige Gold, Ceramic White, Greenery, Rose Gold, Dazzling Blue, Dazzling Gold, Graphite Black, and Mystic Silver colours.
- As of 28th May 2019, Huawei P10 Plus price in India starts at Rs. 61,500.
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei P10 Plus include Wi-Fi, GPS, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
- The Huawei P10 Plus is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
- The Huawei P10 Plus runs EMUI 5.1 based on Android 7.0 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 256GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei P10 Plus on the rear packs 20-megapixel camera and it sports a 12-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei P10 Plus runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 3,750mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei P10 Plus is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels.
Read More : Huawei P10
Huawei P10 Plus Key Test Findings
- 4K videos are very detailed, if a little noisy, but the h.265 codec makes for problematic sharing.
- Only OIS works in 4K.
- EIS tends to introduce some weird jello effect on the 1080p videos but even without it, the 1080p footage is nothing special in terms of image quality.
- Good regular selfies, but the camera lacks autofocus and the widely advertised Portrait Mode is very disappointing.
- In fact, all the wide aperture effects suffer from some inconsistencies, even when using data from both rear cameras. That is to be expected.
- The upgraded brighter, f/1.8 SUMMILUX Leica lens gives the pair of shooter a little extra wiggle-room, especially in low light.
- However, most users are unlikely to really notice the extra optical quality over the regular P10 in day to day use.
- Still images show mature processing with accurate colors, high detail level, and great dynamic range.
- The monochrome camera takes these up another notch (sans the colors, obviously).
- Lossless zoom works pretty well, but we wouldn’t push it past 2x.
- Audio output via the analog jack is quiet, but clear.
- Multimedia package gets the job done – the gallery benefits from the new Discover tab with GoPro-made Highlights, the image editor is powerful.
- The video player has little more than play/pause, and the music app looks good and works well, but lacks an equalizer.
- There is a DTS headphones enhancement, though.
- The hybrid stereo speaker system works pretty well, but using it does take its toll on loudness and quality to some extent.
- The Kirin 960 chipset offers class-leading CPU and GPU performance.
- The GPU is a bit power-hungry and does run a bit hot, but there are no noticeable consequences to real world gaming performance.
- EMUI is a functional Android overlay, even if it has its quirks.
- Huawei has worked a lot on polishing single-handed operation, and it shows.
- It is filled to the brim with features and you can pretty much tweak every aspect of the UI, including opting in for an app drawer. The default app package is a bit on the heavy side.
- The Huawei P10 Plus delivers solid battery life with an endurance rating of 76 hours.
- The extra battery capacity over the P10 is skillfully used towards offsetting the added strain of the higher resolution panel.
- The IPS-NEO LCD screen has great pixel density, superb contrast, and brightness.
- Color accuracy may not be top-notch (although it can be calibrated), but the sunlight legibility is excellent for an LCD unit.
- The new Home key is a very smart set-up: it does fingerprint scanning, and replaces the whole Android control deck.
- Gesture control is abundant on the P10 Plus.
- Premium build and design, stunning color options and a whopping three types of material finish.
- The sandblasted variants do come with some durability concerns in terms of the finish.
Read More : Huawei P10 Plus Review
Huawei P10 Plus Key Features
- Misc: Front-mounted fingerprint reader .
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei EMUI 5.1 .
- Battery: 3,750mAh Li-Po (sealed); Fast charging .
- Screen: 5.5″ IPS-NEO LCD with 1,440 x 2,560 px resolution (540ppi) .
- Selfie cam: 8MP f/1.9; 26mm lens; simulated bokeh effect; 1080p @ 30fps video capture .
- Body: Aluminum unibody, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 front and back camera plate; IPX3 certification .
- Memory: 4GB of RAM plus 64GB storage / 6GB of RAM plus 128GB storage; microSD slot (hybrid) .
- Chipset: Kirin 960 – octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A73@2.4GHz + 4xCortex-A53@1.8GHz), i6 co-processor, octa-core Mali-G71 GPU .
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM option available; LTE-A (Cat.12 600/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo; Bluetooth 4.2; NFC; Infrared port
- Camera: Leica co-engineered dual camera: 20MP monochrome/12MP color sensors, both with f/1.8, 28mm equiv. focal length; 4-in-1 hybrid autofocus (phase/laser/contrast/depth sensing); dual-LED, dual-tone flash; 2x hybrid zoom; 2160p and 1080p @ 30/60fps video capture; OIS in the 12MP camera .
Huawei P10 Plus Main Shortcomings
- No FM radio .
- No wireless charging .
- Non-removable battery .
- The older USB 2.0 standard on a Type-C connector .
- Low-grade water-proofing (not protected against immersion) .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei P10 Plus
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps
Available. Released 2017, April
153.5 x 74.2 x 7 mm (6.04 x 2.92 x 0.28 in)
165 g (5.82 oz)
Front glass, aluminum frame, back
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 81.5 cm2 (~71.6% screen-to-body ratio)
1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~540 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 5
Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo); EMUI 5.1
HiSilicon Kirin 960 (16 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
128 GB, 6 GB RAM (L29) or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (L09)
12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), OIS, PDAF & laser AF, 20 MP B/W, f/1.8, 2x lossless zoom, PDAF & laser AF, Dual
Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
Single, 8 MP, f/1.9
Yes, with stereo speakers
24-bit/192kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Non-removable Li-Ion 3750 mAh battery
Ceramic White, Dazzling Blue, Dazzling Gold, Graphite Black, Mystic Silver, Rose Gold, Greenery
VKY-L29, VKY-L09, VKY-AL00
About 450 EUR