- Huawei Nova smartphone was launched in September 2016 .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei Nova include Wi-Fi, GPS, FM radio, 3G, and 4G.
- The Huawei Nova is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM cards.
- The Huawei Nova runs EMUI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 and packs 32GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 128GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Nova on the rear packs 12-megapixel camera. It sports a 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei Nova runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 3,020mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei Nova is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor. It comes with 3GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels.
Huawei Nova Key Test Findings
- The 8MP selfies are very good with enough detail and accurate colors.
- The 4K videos are great with high amount of resolved detail, great contrast and colors, low noise.
- The 1080p videos are better than the ones taken with the P9 and nova plus, but are a notch below the 4K capturing in terms of detail.
- The sound recorded with both the 4K and 1080p samples is rather poor .
- Excellent 12MP daylight camera, with high dynamic range, great contrast, colors, and low noise levels.
- The low-light photos are disappointing, as are those taken with Huawei’s special night modes.
- Average audio quality and low volume levels through the 3.5mm jack.
- The speaker loudness is very good, but its sound quality is unimpressive .
- The Snapdragon 625 chipset offers consistent CPU and GPU performance, enough for its mid-range status.
- It runs modern games great, and hardly gets warm while doing so .
- Marshmallow with Emotion UI UX is a powerful combo.
- There are lots of customization options, gestures, and proprietary services to enhance your Android experience .
- Battery life is very good at 84 hours – the Nova did well across all tests but we’ve seen better results from this chipset .
- The IPS display offers excellent contrast, but poor sunlight legibility, perhaps due to the average 390nits of maximum brightness .
- Premium Nexus 6P-like design, excellent and sleek build, lightweight .
Huawei Nova Main Shortcomings
- A bit pricey .
- Non-removable battery .
- Only single-band Wi-Fi support .
- No scratch-resistant screen coating .
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD card slot limits options on the dual-SIM model .
Huawei Nova Key Features
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB storage .
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1 .
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD card slot (up to 128GB) .
- 5″ IPS LCD display of 1920×1080 pixels resolution, 441ppi .
- Full metal unibody design out of airplane-grade aluminum .
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video .
- Available in Prestige Gold, Titanium Gray and Moonlight Silver .
- 3,020mAh Li-Po battery with rapid charging (35% in 30 minutes) .
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset, octa-core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 CPU; Adreno 506 GPU .
- 12MP camera with a LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, hybrid autofocus, PDAF+ contrast detection; 4K video recording .
- Cat. 7 LTE (300/150Mbps); dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.1 LE; NFC; GPS/GLONASS; FM radio; USB Type-C .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei nova
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 2100 – CAN-L02L12, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – CAN-L03L13, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – CAN-L01L11
LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300) – CAN-L02L12, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600) – CAN-L01L11, LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 28(700), 12(700), 17(700) – CAN-L03L13
Available. Released 2016, October
141.2 x 69.1 x 7.1 mm (5.56 x 2.72 x 0.28 in)
146 g (5.15 oz)
Front glass, aluminum body
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~70.6% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat); EMUI 4.1
Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm)
Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
32 GB, 3 GB RAM
Single, 12 MP, 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF
Single, 8 MP
|Selfie Camera Video||
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
4.1, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Non-removable Li-Po 3020 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 18W
Prestige Gold, Mystic Silver, Titanium Grey, Obsidian Black
CAN-L01L11, CAN-L02L12, CAN-L03L13, CAN-L11, CAN-L01, CAN-L12
About 300 EUR