- Assured, timely software updates
- Wireless charging
- Portrait Mode is great
- Vastly improved cameras
- Insane performance
- Fast charger not bundled
- First party apps not great in India
- Same old design, ungainly
- The front 7MP selfie camera takes nice images though not the best we’ve seen .
- The audio quality through the Lighting to 3.5mm converter is very good, but not quite the best in class .
- The stereo speakers scored an Excellent mark for loudness, which is as high as an iPhone has ever achieved, and subjectively, they sound great .
- First ever 4K videos at 60fps and they turned out great, even though little softer than the 30fps. The regular 4K videos offer great detail, superb processing, and once again class-leading dynamic range. They still come with mono audio recording though. 1080p videos provide high enough quality to be considered usable in the age of 4K. Finally, the HEVC codec uses less storage for videos and doesn’t hurt the quality, so we recommend it .
- The telephoto camera has a neat Portrait mode which offers one of the best, if not the best, software bokeh effect on any smartphone. It’s nice to have a 2x zoom camera in good light, but the smaller sensor and smaller aperture make the telephoto camera unusable in low light. Portrait Lightning effects are super cool, but they are still in beta and require further fine tuning .
- The main camera offers the same great levels of detail, superb processing and class-leading dynamic range of its predecessor and is better in low light – lower noise, sharper images and better color and white balance .
- Apple iOS 11 is great, a nice step forward with a refined interface, Notification and Control centers. It makes a better use of 3D Touch, has better Siri, a file manager, dark mode, among others. Apple has an industry-leading software update program – you are guaranteed to get all iOS updates in the next few years as soon as they are out. However, iOS still lacks any customization options such as UI themes or icon packs .
- Performance-wise, the A11-powered iPhone 8 Plus is arguably the most powerful smartphone in the world right now. Its CPU and GPU performance, as well as the overall experience, are unrivaled (unless we count the iPhone 8, which is even more powerful due to lower screen resolution) .
- The connectivity is improved with Cat.12 LTE support, and for the first time ever, reading standard NFC tags is also supported. The lack of analog audio port is a turn-off. At least there is a free adapter in the package .
- Battery life is above average with an Endurance rating of 81 hours. The phone has well-balanced scores across all tests. Wireless charging is finally here as is fast charging. Too bad you need a chunky and expensive MacBook USB-C charger to enjoy it. We hope third-party makers will step in and provide more portable and affordable options .
- The iPhone 8 Plus has a class-leading IPS LCD in terms of brightness and color calibration. True Tone adjustment. The 401ppi is behind most of the recent Android flagships but it’s still in the flagship ballpark. Sunlight contrast is superb for an LCD screen .
- The iPhone 8 Plus looks similar to its predecessors, but the glass back makes it special enough. It is built to the highest standards, water-proof, and still one of the best-looking flagships, bezels or not. We like the no-nonsense design, but the “toughest glass” didn’t live up to the expectations and it’s easy to scratch .
Apple iPhone 8 Plus Key Features
- OS: Apple iOS 11 .
- Storage: 64GB or 256GB of built-in storage .
- Battery: 2,691mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible) .
- Video recording: 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording .
- Selfie: 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30fps video .
- Misc: Stereo speakers, Pressure-sensitive Home key with fingerprint scanner, Taptic Engine .
- Chipset: Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.09GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, 3GB of RAM, Apple A11 Bionic SoC .
- Body: Aluminum 7000 frame, reinforced glass front and rear, IP67 certified for water and dust resistance. Gold, Space Gray, and Silver color options .
- Screen: 5.5″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD screen of 1080p resolution, 401ppi. True Tone adjustment via four-channel ambient light sensor, wide color gamut, 3D Touch .
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat.12 (600Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC (Apple Pay and for the first time for NFC tag reading too) .
- Camera: Dual 12MP camera: wide-angle F/1.8 + telephoto F/2.8, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning), optical image stabilization, 2x lossless zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture .
Apple iPhone 8 Plus Main Shortcomings
- No microSD slot .
- Video camera still recording mono audio only .
- iTunes is still required for manual music upload .
- No 3.5mm audio jack (ships with a Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter) .
- No fast charger provided in the box (and the optional one is expensive) .
- Big screen bezels (soon to look even bigger in comparison to the iPhone X) .
- Design is getting long in the tooth now being used for the fourth year in a row .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Available. Released 2017, September
158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5 mm (6.24 x 3.07 x 0.30 in)
202 g (7.13 oz)
Front/back glass, aluminum frame
Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified), IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~67.4% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
|Other screen features||
3D Touch display & home button, True-tone, Wide color gamut
iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A11 Bionic (10 nm)
Hexa-core (2x Monsoon + 4x Mistral)
Apple GPU (three-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
64/256 GB, 3 GB RAM
12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), OIS, PDAF, 12 MP, f/2.8, 57mm (telephoto), 2x optical zoom, PDAF, Dual
Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
Single, 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
|Selfie Camera Features||
Face detection, HDR
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
5.0, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Fast battery charging 15W: 50% in 30 min, Non-removable Li-Ion 2691 mAh battery (10.28 Wh), Qi wireless charging, USB Power Delivery 2.0
Up to 21 h (3G)
Up to 60 h
Gold, Space Gray, Silver, Red
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.19 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
About 770 EUR