- iOS 10, timely updates
- Improved cameras
- Excellent battery life
- Dual camera
- Great performance
- Low light camera performance not best in class
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus smartphone was launched in September 2016 in Red, Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, and Jet Black colors .
- As of 24th April 2019, Apple iPhone 7 Plus price in India starts at Rs. 48,999.
- The Apple iPhone 7 Plus measures 158.20 x 77.90 x 7.30mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 188.00 grams .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Apple iPhone 7 Plus include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India).
- The Apple iPhone 7 Plus is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM card.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus based on iOS 10 and packs 32GB of inbuilt storage .
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Apple iPhone 7 Plus on the rear packs 12-megapixel camera. It sports a 7-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Apple iPhone 7 Plus runs iOS 10 and is powered by a 2,900mAh non-removable battery.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus is powered by a quad-core Apple A10 Fusion processor and comes with 3GB of RAM.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels at a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch (ppi).
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Key Features
- 2,900mAh battery .
- Second-gen Touch ID fingerprint sensor .
- Comes in 32, 128, and 256GB of built-in storage .
- Pressure-sensitive Home key powered by a brand new Taptic Engine .
- Water-proof metal unibody with redesigned, less-obtrusive antenna strips .
- 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30fps video .
- Quad-core (2+2) 64-bit Apple CPU, hexa-core GPU, 3GB of RAM, Apple A10 Fusion SoC .
- 5.5″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD screen of 1080p resolution, 401ppi, wide color gamut, 3D Touch tech .
- 4G LTE Cat.9 (600Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS; NFC (Apple Pay only) .
- Dual 12MP camera: wide-angle F/1.8 + telephoto F/2.8, easy switch and live bokeh effects, optical image stabilization, quad-LED flash, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture, 2160p@30fps video recording .
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Main Shortcomings
- Last year’s snap-on cases won’t fit the iPhone 7 Plus due to the different camera module footprint .
- No 3.5mm audio jack (ships with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter) .
- Still no fast or wireless charging, no IR port or FM radio .
- NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay .
- Scratch-prone Jet Black model .
- No user-replaceable battery .
- No microSD slot .
Apple iPhone 7 Plus key test findings
- The front 7MP selfie camera takes nice images even in low-light conditions.
- 4K videos offer great detail and low light videos benefit greatly from the wider aperture but the audio recording is still mono.
- 1080p videos provide high enough quality to be considered usable in the age of 4K.
- The telephoto camera has a neat Portrait mode which offers one of the best, if not the best, software faux bokeh effect on any smartphone.
- It’s nice to have a 2x zoom camera in good light, but the smaller sensor and smaller aperture make the telephoto camera unusable in low light.
- The main camera offers the same great levels of detail, superb processing and class-leading dynamic range of its predecessor and is better in low light – lower noise, sharper images and better white balance.
- The audio quality through the Lighting to 3.5mm converter is very good, but not quite the best in the class.
- The stereo speakers scored Good regarding speaker loudness, which is as high as an iPhone has ever achieved, and subjectively, they sound great.
- iOS 10 makes more use out of 3D Touch, enhances the lockscreen and allows third-party integration with Siri and Maps.
- All default apps have received meaningful updates too.
- Apple has an industry-leading software update program – you are guaranteed to get all iOS updates in the next few years as soon as they are out.
- However, iOS still lacks any customization options such as UI themes or icon packs.
- Performance-wise, the A10-powered iPhone 7 Plus is arguably the most powerful smartphone in the world right now.
- Its CPU and GPU performance, as well as the overall experience, are unrivaled. The storage write speeds turned out quite different for the 32GB, 128GB, and 256GB models. We didn’t notice any lags in real life, but there is a noticeable performance difference in tasks like copying or saving large files.
- The connectivity is improved with Cat.9 LTE support, but NFC is still limited to Apple Pay.
- Wireless charging could have been useful but is still not an option.
- The lack of analog audio port sits somewhere between visionary and unforgivable depending on where you come from.
- At least there is a free adapter in the package.
- Battery life is above average with an Endurance rating of 75 hours.
- The phone has well-balanced scores across all tests but the video playback.
- The stereo speakers might have something to do with the latter.
- The iPhone 7 Plus has a class-leading IPS LCD regarding brightness and color calibration.
- Its 401p density is behind most of the Android flagships – but that’s more a matter of numbers rather than actual user experience as you would be hard pressed to spot any fuzziness with a naked eye.
- The new Home key works as advertised and compared to other touch Home buttons, this one can do double and triple taps without breaking a sweat.
- The Taptic engine feels incredibly realistic when the phone lies on a desk, but the feedback feeling when you have the phone in hand caused much division in our office. You just have to decide for yourself.
- The iPhone 7 Plus looks similar to its predecessors, but as usual, it is built to the highest of standards.
- The iPhone is now water and dust proof, and the intrusive antenna bands are less obvious.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPhone 7 Plus
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2100 – A1661, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – A1661, A1784
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA – A1661, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – A1661, A1784
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Available. Released 2016, September
158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm (6.23 x 3.07 x 0.29 in)
188 g (6.63 oz)
Front glass, body
Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified), IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~67.7% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
|Other screen features||
3D Touch display & home button, Wide color gamut
iOS 10.0.1, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm)
Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
32/128/256 GB, 3 GB RAM
12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3", OIS, PDAF, 12 MP, f/2.8, 56mm (telephoto), 1/3.6", 2x optical zoom, AF, Dual
Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
Single, 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
|Selfie Camera Features||
Face detection, HDR
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Non-removable Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery (11.1 Wh)
Up to 384 h (3G)
Up to 21 h (3G)
Up to 60 h
Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Red
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.19 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
About 690 EUR