- Manageable size
- Quick and accurate fingerprint sensor
- Looks good, built well
- Superb with low-light shooting
- Excellent camera performance
- Performance falls short of flagship levels
- No OIS or 4K video recording
- A bit overpriced
- There is no 4K video capturing, and the 1080p videos are uninspiring – there is not enough detail, and the samples look like they have been upscaled from 720p resolution.
- If it’s any consolation, the digital stabilization works quite well, and the color rendition and the audio recording are very good. You can even use the Leica film modes.
- The 8MP selfies are very good with enough detail and accurate colors, The screen flash helps, too.
- One of the best camera setups on the market – the monochrome images are great, as are the regular color ones, no matter if you use some of the special Leica film modes or not.
- The dynamic range is high, the colors are spot on, the resolved detail is more than enough.
- The AF is fast and always right while the low-light photography skills can’t be matched by any competitor.
- The panoramic images are very pleasant, too.
- It’s got decent audio quality through the audio jack, but low volume levels.
- The Kirin 955 chipset offers stellar CPU performance but mediocre graphics power.
- It runs cool for most of the time. While the GPU raw performance is uninspiring, it will still run all class-leading games.
- Marshmallow with Emotion UI UX is a powerful combo.
- Huawei has done well to keep the bloatware in check, but left enough in terms of customization options and proprietary services to enhance your Android experience.
- Battery life is very good at 75 hours and the P9 did well across all test, but managed to impress us with its standby endurance.
- The display is very good with a maximum brightness of 500 nits and 1094:1 contrast.
- The sunlight legibility is great for an IPS unit and way above the average.
- The color accuracy rendition could have been better, though, but opting for the warm mode improves it a bit.
- Excellent build quality and handling; the sleek design is among the best on the market.
- Sandblasted, brushed, or ceramic – they are all premium. The compact and lightweight chassis seals the deal.
Huawei P9 Key Features
- 3,000mAh Li-Ion battery, Rapid charging .
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD card slot (up to 128GB) .
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Huawei EMUI v4.1 overlay .
- 3GB of RAM/32GB of built-in storage, or 4GB/64GB .
- 5.2″ 1080p IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 423ppi .
- Aluminum with sandblasted finish or ceramic unibody .
- HiSilicon Kirin 955 chipset: octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A72 @ 2.5GHz plus 4xCortex-A53 @ 1.8GHz), Mali-T880 MP4 GPU .
- Dual 12MP Leica camera with hybrid AF, color and monochrome sensors, f/2.2 aperture; 1080@60fps video recording .
- 8MP front camera, f/2.4 aperture; 1080p video recording; wide selfie .
- Cat. 6 LTE (300/50Mbps); dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.2 LE; NFC; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou; USB Type-C .
Huawei P9 Main Disadvantages
- Non-removable battery .
- No 4K 2160p video recording .
- No NFC for the Dual SIM model .
- No 3D Touch like the Plus model .
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD card slot limits options on the dual-SIM model .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei P9
GSM / HSPA / LTE
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2016, April
145 x 70.9 x 7 mm (5.71 x 2.79 x 0.28 in)
144 g (5.08 oz)
Front glass, aluminum body
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
IPS-NEO LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.2 inches, 74.9 cm2 (~72.9% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~423 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat); EMUI 4.1
HiSilicon Kirin 955 (16 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
32 GB, 3 GB RAM (EVA-L19/EVA-L09), 64 GB, 4 GB RAM (EVA-L29)
12 MP B/W, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF & laser AF, 12 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF & laser AF, Dual
Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
Single, 8 MP, f/2.4
|Selfie Camera Video||
24-bit/192kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
Yes (EVA-L09 only)
Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Fast battery charging 18W: 44% in 30 min, Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Ceramic White, Haze Gold, Rose Gold, Titanium Grey, Mystic Silver, Prestige Gold, Red, Blue
EVA-L09, EVA-L19, EVA-L29, EVA-AL10, EVA-TL00
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.43 W/kg (head) 0.55 W/kg (body)
About 340 EUR