- Huawei P9 Plus smartphone was launched in April 2016 in Silver, White, Gold, Black, and Pink colours.
- As of 12th May 2019, Huawei P9 Plus price in India starts at Rs. 47,900.
- The Huawei P9 Plus measures 152.30 x 75.30 x 6.98mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 162.00 grams.
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei P9 Plus include Wi-Fi, GPS, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
- The Huawei P9 Plus is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Regular-SIM card.
- The Huawei P9 Plus runs Emotion UI 4.1 based on Android 6.0 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card.
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei P9 Plus on the rear packs 12-megapixel camera and it sports a camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei P9 Plus runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 3,400mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei P9 Plus is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor. It comes with 4GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels.
Huawei P9 Plus Key Test Findings
- There is no 4K video capturing, and the 1080p videos are uninspiring – there is not enough detail.
- The color rendition and the audio recording are very good, though. You could even use the Leica film modes.
- The 8MP selfies are very good with enough detail and accurate colors, The screen flash helps, too.
- One of the best camera setups on the market – the monochrome images are great, as are the regular color ones.
- The dynamic range is high, the colors are spot on, the resolved detail is more than enough.
- The low-light images are not as detailed but the ease of use of the long exposure modes still can’t be matched by any competitor a year later after the Huawei P8 introduced them.
- The stereo speakers and the different sound modes are great, the loudness is excellent.
- It’s got decent audio quality through the audio jack, but low volume levels.
- The Kirin 955 chipset offers stellar CPU performance but mediocre graphics power, which may create stutters in games or app switching.
- Marshmallow with Emotion UI UX is a powerful combo.
- There are lots of customization options, gestures, and proprietary services to enhance your Android experience.
- The Press Touch options are really welcome, but Huawei may want to add more pop-up previews in its apps.
- Battery life is average at 69 hours – the P9 Plus did well across all test, but failed to impress us with its standby endurance.
- The AMOLED display offers excellent contrast and sunlight legibility, 400 nits of maximum brightness is OK, and the color calibration is very good.
- Great design, excellent and sleek build, but lacks proper screen protection.
Huawei P9 Plus Key Features
- 3,400mAh Li-Ion battery, Rapid charging .
- Cat. 6 LTE (300/50Mbps); dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth 4.2 LE; NFC; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou; USB Type-C .
- Hybrid DualSIM/microSD card slot (up to 128GB) for the dual SIM model .
- Dual 12MP Leica camera with hybrid AF, color and monochrome sensors, f/2.2 aperture; 1080@60fps video recording .
- 8MP AF front camera, f/1.9 aperture; 1080p video recording; wide selfie .
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Huawei EMUI v4.1 overlay .
- 4GB of RAM, 64GB of built-in storage, microSD slot .
- HiSilicon Kirin 955 chipset: octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A72 @ 2.5GHz plus 4xCortex-A53 @ 1.8GHz), Mali-T880 MP4 GPU .
- Press Touch pressure-sensitive display .
- 5.5″ 1080p AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 401ppi .
- Aluminum unibody .
Huawei P9 Plus Cons
- Non-removable battery .
- No 4K 2160p video recording .
- Hybrid Dual SIM/microSD card slot limits options on the dual-SIM model .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei P9 Plus
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – VIE-L09, VIE-L29
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300) – VIE-L09
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2016, May
152.3 x 75.3 x 7 mm (6.00 x 2.96 x 0.28 in)
162 g (5.71 oz)
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~72.7% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
3D Touch display
Android 6 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7 (Nougat); EMUI 5
HiSilicon Kirin 955 (16 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.5 GHz Cortex-A72 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
64 GB, 4 GB RAM
12 MP B/W, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF & laser AF, 12 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF & laser AF, Dual
Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
Single, 8 MP, f/1.9, AF
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
24-bit/192kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (market dependant)
Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Fast battery charging 18W: 38% in 30min, Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
Haze Gold, Quartz Grey, Ceramic White
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.48 W/kg (head) 1.49 W/kg (body)
About 430 EUR