- Good battery life
- Blazing performance and software
- Excellent camera
- Fantastic display
- Great design and build
- No wireless charging
- No expandable storage
- The Huawei Google Nexus 6P is an absolutely stunning smartphone.
- Whether it’s the design and build, display, camera, performance, software or battery life, the Nexus 6P is absolutely fantastic in all of these departments.
- Its minimalistic stock Android 6.0 UI is geared towards offering the user a streamlined, flawless experience, and does so with finesse.
- The Nexus 6P’s only real flaws are the lack of expandable storage and wireless charging, and a price that may be perceived to be too high.
- However, if you’re looking for the ultimate stock Android experience, look no further than the Nexus 6P.
Huawei Nexus 6P Key Features
- 3,450mAh Li-Po battery with fast charging .
- Fingerprint reader; Android Pay .
- Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps); Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; GPS/GLONASS; NFC; USB Type-C port with USB host .
- 12.3MP camera with laser autofocus and dual-LED flash; 1.55µm pixels; 8MP selfie camera .
- 2160p video capture .
- 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB of storage .
- Quad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57, 3GB of RAM, Adreno 430 GPU; Snapdragon 810 v2 chipset .
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with quickest software updates from Google .
- 5.7″ screen with 1440p resolution (518ppi) .
Huawei Nexus 6P Main Disadvantages
- No FM radio .
- No expandable storage .
- Lacks wireless charging .
- Lacks a cable TV out option .
- No Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) for the camera .
- No Optical Image Quite expensive outside the US and no major carrier-subsidized version in the US (OIS) for the camera .
Huawei Nexus 6P Key Test Findings
- 1080p videos look good, 4K – not so much, auto focus in video is less than stellar.
- The camera experience is finally comparable to other top cameraphones, low light shots are quite good .
- The audio output quality through the 3.5mm jack, however, is on the quiet side and stereo performance is far from great, but the dynamic range and frequency response are very good.
- The loudspeaker is pleasantly loud and scores a Very Good mark .
- Excellent performer with no stutters or dropped frames in everyday tasks .
- Optimizations to Marshmallow allow for excellent standby battery life and we give it an endurance rating of 74h .
- USB Type-C is convenient and offers fast-charging but the lack of OTG and TV-out support is a bummer .
- The fingerprint scanner is blazing fast and a welcome addition .
- The AMOLED screen is gorgeous and dims to a comfortable level in pitch darkness, but color rendition is not on a calibrated level like it is on the Nexus 5X .
- The hardware is beautifully designed with excellent attention to detail, though, front is boring to look at .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei Nexus 6P
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900 – all models, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – all models
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 – Global model, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 – American model
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 17(700), 19(800), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – Global model
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2015, September
159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm (6.27 x 3.06 x 0.29 in)
178 g (6.28 oz)
Front glass, aluminum body
OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.7 inches, 88.5 cm2 (~71.4% screen-to-body ratio)
1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~518 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 4, oleophobic coating
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 (20 nm)
Octa-core (4×1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A57)
|Memory Card Slot||
32/64/128 GB, 3 GB RAM
Single, 12.3 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.3", 1.55µm, laser AF
Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
Single, 8 MP, f/2.4
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with front stereo speakers
24-bit/96kHz, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Non-removable Li-Po 3450 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 10W
Up to 440 h (3G)
Up to 23 h (3G)
Up to 100 h
Aluminium, Graphite, Frost
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.17 W/kg (head) 0.54 W/kg (body), 1.49 W/kg (head) 0.81 W/kg (body)
About 300 EUR