- Huawei Mate S smartphone was launched in September 2015 .
- The Huawei Mate S is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone.
- The Huawei Mate S measures 149.80 x 75.30 x 7.20mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 156.00 grams .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei Mate S include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v4.00, FM radio, 3G, and 4G.
- Huawei Mate S based on Android 5.1.1 and packs 32GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 128GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Mate S on the rear packs 13-megapixel camera and it sports a 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei Mate S runs Android 5.1.1 and is powered by a 2,700mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei Mate S is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Kirin 935 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×1920 pixels at a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch (ppi).
Huawei Mate S Key Features
- 2,700 mAh battery .
- Optional Dual Sim model available .
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic .
- Android OS v5.1.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1 .
- 5.5″ 1080p AMOLED (401 ppi) capacitive touchscreen .
- 8MP front-facing camera, LED flash, 1080p video recording, selfie panorama mode .
- 32GB/64GB/128GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot, doubling as a secondary SIM slot on the Dual SIM model .
- Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 935 chipset – quad-core 2.2GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.5GHz Cortex-A53, Mali-T628 MP4 GPU; 3GB of RAM .
- Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.0; GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou (BDS); FM radio; NFC; microUSB port with USB On-The-Go .
- 13MP 4128 x 3096 pixels autofocus camera with OIS, dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording, some unique camera modes such as Light Painting, Star Track, etc.
Huawei Mate S Main Disadvantages
- Non-removable battery .
- No Lollipop Material design to be found .
- No 4K video recording, no 60fps mode either .
- No quick charging or wireless charging support .
Huawei Mate S Key Test Findings
- Emotion UI v.3.1 is great, smooth, with rich customization options and powerful system tools.
- The transition to Android Lollipop has some persistent bugs to iron out, which are probably here to stay.
- Video player handles all video and audio codecs, except AC3 sound .
- Video player handles 1080p video is lacking, bitrate is rather low.
- 4K should’ve been available on this price; video and audio codecs, except AC3 sound .
- Still images offer lots of detail, excellent panorama samples, Light Trails and Light Painting modes are unique and easily usable.
- Pro mode offers powerful manual control.
- Audio output quality is rather disappointing and the speaker is on the quiet side.
- Solid CPU performance, uninspiring GPU benchmarks, not ideal for gaming and other intense graphics apps
- The fingerprint reader is truly one of the best around – fast, accurate, always on and also incorporates touch gestures.
- All-round connectivity with LTE Cat.6, dual-SIM option available
- Battery life is average, but not amazing .
- Gorgeous 5.5-inch AMOLED display, with deep blacks, nice and punchy colors.
- Also, offers force Touch capabilities in the 128GB Mate S version.
- Excellent materials and build quality .
- Impressively solid aluminum unibody, thin profile with a clean and simplistic look .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei Mate S
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – CRR-L09, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 / TD-SCDMA – CRR-UL00
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – CRR-UL00
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2015, October
149.8 x 75.3 x 7.2 mm (5.90 x 2.96 x 0.28 in)
156 g (5.50 oz)
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~73.9% screen-to-body ratio)
1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 4
3D Touch display (optional)
Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to 6.0 (Marshmallow); EMUI 3.1
HiSilicon Kirin 935 (28 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz & 4×1.5 GHz)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
32/64/128 GB, 3 GB RAM
Single, 13 MP, f/2.0, 28mm (wide), 1/2.6", OIS, AF
Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
Single, 8 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide)
|Selfie Camera Features||
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS/ BDS (market dependant)
Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Non-removable 2700 mAh battery
Luxurious Gold, Mystic Champagne, Titanium Grey
About 350 EUR