- Huawei Mate 9 Pro smartphone was launched in November 2016 in Champagne Gold, Space Gray, Mocha Brown, and Moonlight Silver and Ceramic White colours.
- As of 25th May 2019, Huawei Mate 9 Pro price in India starts at Rs. 49,990.
- The Huawei Mate 9 Pro measures 152.00 x 75.00 x 7.50mm (height x width x thickness) .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei Mate 9 Pro include 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
- The Huawei Mate 9 Pro is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards.
- The Huawei Mate 9 Pro runs Emotion 5.0 based on Android 7.0 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 256GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Mate 9 Pro on the rear packs 20-megapixel camera, It sports a 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei Mate 9 Pro runs Android 7.0 and is powered by a 4,000mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro is powered by a 2.5GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor, It comes with 4GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro Key Test Findings
- 4K videos are very detailed, if a little noisy, but the h.265 codec makes for problematic sharing, 1080p footage is nothing special.
- Still images show cautious processing with accurate colors, high detail level, and great dynamic range.
- The monochrome camera takes these another notch up (minus the colors, obviously).
- The lossless-like zoom works up to 3x, which is nice.
- Audio output is loud, but clarity with headphones isn’t perfect.
- Multimedia package gets the job done – the gallery is basic, but the image editor is very powerful, the video player has little more than play/pause, and the music app looks good and works well, but lacks an equalizer.
- Very loud and extremely clean output from the built-in speakers.
- Class-leading CPU performance by the Kirin 960 chipset, GPU doesn’t shine but is a substantial leap forward from previous designs.
- EMUI is a functional Android overlay, even if it has its quirks.
- Huawei has worked a lot on polishing single-handed operation, and it shows, knuckle gestures are somewhat gimmicky, but the addition of an app drawer will make transition easier for those who are not used to an iPhone-like single-tier interface.
- Solid battery life, excellent at web browsing, very good at video playback, okay for voice calls.
- The high-res AMOLED screen has superb pixel density and contrast.
- Color accuracy isn’t top-notch, and the maximum brightness is average.
- Premium build and design, it looks quite familiar, though.
Huawei Mate 9 Pro At a Glance
- Memory: 6GB of RAM; 128GB storage .
- Misc: Stereo speakers; Fingerprint reader .
- Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); Fast charging .
- Body:Aluminum unibody, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 front .
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei EMUI 5.0 overlay .
- Selfie cam: 8MP f/1.9; 26mm lens; 1080p @ 30fps video capture .
- Screen: 5.5″ curved AMOLED with 1440 x 2,560px resolution (534ppi) .
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A (Cat. 12 600/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo; IR port .
- Chipset: Kirin 960 chipset: Octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A73@2.4GHz + 4xCortex-A53@1.8GHz), i6 co-processor, octa-core Mali-G71 GPU .
- Camera: Leica co-engineered dual camera: 20MP monochrome/12MP color sensors, f2.2, 27mm equiv. focal length, 4-in-1 hybrid autofocus (phase/laser/contrast/depth sensing); dual-LED, dual-tone flash; 2160p and 1080p @ 30/60fps video capture .
Huawei Mate 9 Pro Main Shortcomings
- No FM radio .
- Non-removable battery .
- No microSD expansion .
- No dust or water resistance .
- Smaller display in comparison with the Huawei Mate 9 .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei Mate 9 Pro
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps
Available. Released 2017, January
152 x 75 x 7.5 mm (5.98 x 2.95 x 0.30 in)
169 g (5.96 oz)
Front glass, aluminum frame, back
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~73.2% screen-to-body ratio)
1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~534 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9
HiSilicon Kirin 960 (16 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
12 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, OIS, PDAF & laser AF, 20 MP B/W, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 2x lossless zoom, OIS, PDAF & laser AF, Dual
Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
Single, 8 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2", 1.4µm, AF
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
Fast battery charging 22.5W, Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Haze Gold, Titanium Grey
About 400 EUR