Huawei Mate 10
- Huawei Mate 10 smartphone was launched in October 2017 in Black, Champagne Gold, and Mocha Brown colours.
- As of 4th June 2019, Huawei Mate 10 price in India starts at Rs. 16,835.
- The Huawei Mate 10 measures 150.50 x 77.80 x 8.20mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 186.00 grams .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Huawei Mate 10 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, NFC, Infrared, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
- The Huawei Mate 10 is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone.
- The Huawei Mate 10 runs EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card (up to 256GB).
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Huawei Mate 10 on the rear packs 20-megapixel camera. It sports a 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- The Huawei Mate 10 runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 4,000mAh non-removable battery.
- Huawei Mate 10 is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM.
- The phone comes with a 5.90-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels at a pixel density of 499 pixels per inch (ppi).
Huawei Mate 10 Key Features
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.16, Dual-LTE SIM, IR blaster, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 + LE, NFC, USB Type-C, 3.5mm audio jack.
- Security: Front-mounted fingerprint reader .
- Battery: 4,000mAh; Fast charging (58% charge in 30 min) .
- Selfie cam: 8MP, f/2.0 lens, Portrait mode .
- Camera: 12MP color + 20MP monochrome, phase-detection and laser-assisted autofocus, 4K video capture, dual-tone LED flash, Leica branding
- Camera features: F/1.6 lens, OIS, Hybrid Zoom, Variable aperture mode and Portrait mode .
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 .
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, microSD slot (hybrid, uses SIM2 slot) .
- Chipset: 10nm Kirin 970 chipset, Octa-core processor (Cortex-A73 2.4GHz + A53 1.8GHz), Mali-G72 MP12 GPU .
- Screen: 5.9″ IPS LCD of 1440p resolution (499ppi); HDR10 support, up to 730 nits of brightness .
- Body: Dual glass body with metal frame, curved Corning Gorilla Glass, IP53 rating for dust and splash protection, more compact than the Mate 9 while keeping the same screen size .
Huawei Mate 10 Main Shortcomings
- No wireless charging .
- Lackluster camera update .
- No proper water-proofing .
- Limited market availability (some markets will get the Mate 10 Pro instead) .
Huawei Mate 10 Key Test Findings
- Both 1080p and 4K videos are average regarding detail, while the new codec doesn’t take a toll on the storage of 4K videos.
- EIS is available only in 1080p at 30 fps.
- Fine regular selfies but sometimes overexposed.
- The portrait mode works alright, but beautification is often a disaster (could be the subjects – no pointing fingers).
- The photos are excellent regarding detail, dynamic range and color rendering.
- The over-sharpening may destroy some of the fine detail.
- The bright lenses help at night a lot and both cameras take nice low-light images.
- The near-lossless 2x zoom works well, so do the portrait shots.
- The audio output via the analog jack is flagship-worthy, loud and clear.
- The bottom speaker is very loud with a clean output.
- The top one is feeble but does a good job at producing the stereo effect.
- The Kirin 970 chipset offers class-leading CPU and GPU performance, but it’s prone to heating and had throttling issue in the benchmark tests (unlikely to get noticed in real-life).
- Lovely theme-able EMUI v8 with Android 8 Oreo.
- Solid battery life at 87 hours.
- The Mate 10 is great at web browsing, video playback, and voice calls. Super-fast charging to 58% in 30 mins.
- The front key houses the fastest fingerprint scanner we’ve seen and can take over navigation if you want even more screen real estate and decide to get rid of the on-screen keys.
- The IPS LCD screen offers flagship-grade resolution, great contrast, and accurate colors.
- The sunlight legibility is average.
- Stunning glass design, great choice of colors.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Huawei Mate 10
GSM / HSPA / LTE
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
Available. Released 2017, November
150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2 mm (5.93 x 3.06 x 0.32 in)
186 g (6.56 oz)
Front/back glass, aluminum frame
Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
HDR10, IP53 dust and splash protection
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
5.9 inches, 95.6 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~499 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 8
Hisilicon Kirin 970 (10 nm)
Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
|Memory Card Slot||
microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot) – dual SIM model only
64 GB, 4 GB RAM
12 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/2.9", 1.25µm, PDAF & laser AF, OIS, 20 MP B/W, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 2x lossless zoom, PDAF & laser AF, OIS, Dual
Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2", 1.4µm, AF, Single
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
32-bit/384kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB Host
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
Fast battery charging 22.5W (58% in 30 min), Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Mocha Brown, Black, Champagne Gold, Pink Gold
ALP-L29, ALP-L09, ALP-AL00
About 440 EUR