- Good rear camera
- Great performance
- Starts at 16GB storage
- Underwhelming selfie camera
- Apple iPhone SE smartphone was launched in March 2016 in Silver, Gold, Space Grey, and Rose Gold colors .
- As of 24th April 2019, Apple iPhone SE price in India starts at Rs. 16,999 .
- Apple iPhone SE measures 123.80 x 58.60 x 7.66mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 113.00 grams .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Apple iPhone SE include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, NFC, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India .
- The Apple iPhone SE is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM card .
- Apple iPhone SE based on iOS 9.3 and packs 16GB of inbuilt storage .
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Apple iPhone SE on the rear packs 12-megapixel camera and it sports a 1.2-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- Apple iPhone SE comes with a 4.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 640×1136 pixels at a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch (ppi).
- Apple iPhone SE comes with 2GB of RAM.
Apple iPhone SE Key Features
- Apple iOS 9 .
- 1,624 mAh battery, Power saving mode .
- 4G LTE Cat.4 (150Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS; NFC (Apple Pay only) .
- First-gen Touch ID fingerprint sensor .
- Comes in 16 and 64 GB of built-in storage .
- 1.2MP F/2.4 front-facing camera, HDR mode, 720p@30fps video .
- 12MP F/2.2 camera with True tone LED flash, phase detection auto focus, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, @60fps and @120fps video recording, 720p video recording @120fps and 240fps .
- Dual-core 1.8 GHz Twister 64-bit CPU, PowerVR GT7600 GPU, 2GB of RAM, Apple A9 SoC .
- 4″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD of 640 x 1136px resolution, 326ppi .
Apple iPhone SE Main Shortcomings
- No 3D Touch .
- No microSD slot .
- No user-replaceable battery .
- Lacks optical image stabilization .
- NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay .
- No enhanced resistance to liquids or dust .
- No wireless charging, an infrared port, or FM radio .
Apple iPhone SE Key Test Findings
- The front 1.2MP selfie camera is a big NO for 2016 .
- The iOS 9 follows the principles established by Apple and is one of the easiest mobile OS to use right now.
- It’s smarter, with lots of under the hood improvements, and can easily become a favorite.
- It’s the smoothest mobile OS around, too.
- The 4K videos offer enough detail and came out with very good dynamic range, as are the 1080p samples.
- The mono audio is a setback that needs to be improved though the sound quality is very good.
- The 60MP panoramic samples are excellent thanks to the unmatched dynamic range, but the resolved detail isn’t impressive.
- The 12MP camera produces good photos with great contrast and amazing dynamic range, but the resolved detail is uninspiring, and the noise levels are higher than we’d prefer.
- The audio quality is good, but not quite the best in the class.
- The speaker is quiet with only a Below Average mark in our tests.
- Performance-wise, the A9-powered iPhone SE is a real beast.
- Its single-core CPU and GPU performance, as well as the overall experience and power-efficiency, are still unmatched.
- The connectivity is improved with better Wi-Fi, newer Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC still limited to Apple Pay, though.
- There is no fast charging, and the LTE connectivity is just Cat.4 (up to 150Mbps).
- Battery life is very good at 73 hours and better than any other iPhone to date.
- The iPhone SE posted well-balanced scores across all tests, including standby.
- The display on the iPhone SE is small, yes, which was the purpose of the whole thing.
- It has wide viewing angles, superb sunlight legibility and maximum brightness, though the blacks could have been deeper and thus the average contrast ratio.
- The 326ppi pixel density is more than enough for a 4-incher.
- The iPhone SE is of excellent build, the flat frame provides a secure grip, but even though the iconic looks are still great, they aren’t new.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPhone SE
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900 – A1662, A1723, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – A1662, A1723
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO – A1662, A1723, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – A1662, A1723, TD‑SCDMA – A1723
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 29(700) – A1662
HSPA, LTE-A Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Available. Released 2016, March
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm (4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 in)
113 g (3.99 oz)
Front glass, aluminum body
Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
4.0 inches, 44.1 cm2 (~60.8% screen-to-body ratio)
640 x 1136 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
iOS 9.3.2, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A9 (14 nm)
Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister
PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
Single, 12 MP, f/2.2, 29mm (standard), 1/3", 1.22µm, PDAF
Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 1080p@120fps, 720p@240fps
Single, 1.2 MP, f/2.4, 31mm (standard)
|Selfie Camera Features||
Face detection, HDR, panorama
|Selfie Camera Video||
16-bit/44.1kHz audio, Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Yes (Apple Pay only)
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Non-removable Li-Po 1624 mAh battery (6.21 Wh)
Up to 240 h (2G) / Up to 240 h (3G)
Up to 14 h (3G)
Up to 50 h
Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.17 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
About 300 EUR