- iOS 10, timely updates
- Improved cameras
- Good battery life
- Best-in-class performance
- Low light camera performance not best in class
- Apple iPhone 7 smartphone was launched in September 2016 in Red, Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, and Jet Black colors .
- As of 24th April 2019, Apple iPhone 7 price in India starts at Rs. 38,999 .
- Apple iPhone 7 measures 138.30 x 67.10 x 7.10mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 138.00 grams .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, compass/ magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
- Connectivity options on the Apple iPhone 7 include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v4.20, NFC, Lightning, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India) .
- The Apple iPhone 7 is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM card .
- Apple iPhone 7 based on iOS 10 and packs 32GB of inbuilt storage .
- It sports a 7-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.2 aperture.
- The rear camera setup has phase detection autofocus.
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Apple iPhone 7 on the rear packs a 12-megapixel camera with an f/1.8 aperture.
- The Apple iPhone 7 runs iOS 10 and is powered by a 1,960mAh non-removable battery .
- Apple iPhone 7 is powered by a 2.34GHz quad-core Apple A10 Fusion processor and It comes with 2GB of RAM .
- Apple iPhone 7 phone comes with a 4.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 750×1334 pixels at a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch (ppi) and an aspect ratio of 16:9.
Apple iPhone 7 Key Features
- 1,960mAh battery .
- Second-gen Touch ID fingerprint sensor .
- Comes in 32, 128, and 256GB of built-in storage .
- Pressure-sensitive Home key powered by a brand new Taptic Engine .
- Water-proof metal unibody with redesigned, less-obtrusive antenna strips .
- 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30fps video .
- Quad-core (2+2) 64-bit Apple CPU, hexa-core GPU, 2GB of RAM, Apple A10 Fusion SoC .
- 4.7″ 16M-color LED-backlit IPS LCD of 750 x 1334px resolution, 326ppi, wide color gamut, 3D Touch tech .
- 4G LTE Cat.12 (600Mbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.2; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS; NFC (Apple Pay only) .
- 12MP F/1.8 camera with a quad-LED flash, optical image stabilization, phase detection auto focus, wide color capture, 2160p@30fps video recording .
Apple iPhone 7 Main Shortcomings
- No 3.5mm audio jack (ships with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter) .
- Still no fast or wireless charging, no IR port or FM radio .
- NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay .
- No dual-camera of the iPhone 7 Plus .
- Screen resolution not flagship-grade .
- Scratch-prone Jet Black model .
- No user-replaceable battery .
- No microSD slot .
Apple iPhone 7 Key Test Findings
- The front 7MP selfie camera takes nice images even in low-light conditions.
- The 4K videos offer enough detail and came out with very good dynamic range, the 1080p samples are great.
- The mono audio recording across all video options is disappointing.
- We hate having to dig in the phone’s Settings menu to switch from 1080p to 4K and vice versa.
- iOS 10 makes more sense out of 3D Touch, enhances the lockscreen and allows third-party integration with Siri and Maps.
- All default apps have received meaningful updates too.
- Apple has an industry-leading software update program – you are guaranteed to get all iOS updates in the next few years as soon as they are out. iOS still lacks any customization options such as UI themes or icon packs.
- The 12MP camera produces solid photos, but its only tangible improvement over last year’s camera is OIS and the brighter aperture, both of which improve only low-light photography.
- The audio quality through the Lighting to 3.5mm converter is very good, but not quite the best in the class – just like with the 6s.
- The stereo speakers are of Good loudness, which is as high as an iPhone has ever achieved, and subjectively, they sound great.
- Performance-wise, the A10-powered iPhone 7 is the most powerful smartphone in the world right now.
- Its CPU and GPU performance, as well as the overall experience, are unrivaled.
- The connectivity is improved with Cat.12 LTE support, but NFC is still limited to Apple Pay.
- Wireless charging could have been useful, but is still not an option.
- The lack of analog audio port is, well, between visionary and unforgivable.
- At least there is a free adapter in the package.
- Battery life is average with an Endurance rating of 61 hours.
- The phone has well-balanced scores across all tests and outlasts the iPhone 6s, which got a similar score but tested under lower screen brightness (150nits vs 200nits on the iPhone 7).
- The iPhone 7 has a class-leading IPS LCD in terms of brightness and color calibration.
- Its less-than-stellar pixel density of 326ppi does not stand to comparison with any of the Android flagships – but that’s more a matter of numbers rather than actual user experience.
- The iPhone 7 is built to the usual sky-high standards, an elegant handset with premium looks and feel.
- The design is being reused for yet another year but still relevant.
- The new Home key with force press works and feels great, but was there anything wrong with the physical button?
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPhone 7
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2100 – A1660, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – A1660, A1778
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA – A1660, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – A1660, A1778
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat9 450/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Available. Released 2016, September
138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm (5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
138 g (4.87 oz)
Front glass, aluminum body
Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified), IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
4.7 inches, 60.9 cm2 (~65.6% screen-to-body ratio)
750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
|Other screen features||
3D Touch display & home button, Wide color gamut
iOS 10.0.1, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A10 Fusion (16 nm)
Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
32/128/256 GB, 2 GB RAM
Single, 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm (wide), 1/3", OIS, PDAF
Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR
2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@240fps
Single, 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm (standard)
|Selfie Camera Features||
Face detection, HDR, panorama
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
4.2, A2DP, LE
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Non-removable Li-Ion 1960 mAh battery (7.45 Wh)
Up to 14 h (3G)
Up to 40 h
Jet Black, Black, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Red
|Specific Absorption Rate||
1.19 W/kg (head) 1.19 W/kg (body)
About 550 EUR