- Apple iPhone 3GS smartphone was launched in June 2009 in Black and White colours .
- Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, proximity sensor, and compass / magnetomete .
- iPhone 3GS measures 115.50 x 62.10 x 12.30mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 135.00 grams .
- Apple 3GS include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth v2.00, and 3G.
- iPhone 3GS phone comes with a touchscreen display with a resolution of 320×480 pixels at a pixel density of 165 pixels per inch (ppi).
- Apple 3GS on the rear packs 3.15-megapixel camera.
- iPhone 3GS is a single SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts a Regular-SIM card .
- Apple 3GS is powered by a 600 MHz processor .
- iPhone 3GS comes with 256MB of RAM.
- Apple 3GS based on iOS 6.1.3 and packs 8GB of inbuilt storage .
iPhone 3GS advantages over iPhone 3G :
- System-wide Screen Zoom is also included in the Accessibility menu
- Text-to-speech feature called VoiceOver is included in the new Accessibility menu
- TV-out outputs 480p instead 480i resolution
- Built-in support for Nike+ jogging system
- Voice Control, speaker independent. Can be use to call a phone number, play music by song/album/artist name, shuffle music
- Oleophobic display coating supposed to make fingerprints easier to clean
- Purportedly better battery life
- Louder loudspeaker results (with performance gains primarily in music playback)
- Better audio quality (as recorded and analyzed in our office)
- Digital compass with automatic map orientation in Maps app
- Double the storage space – 3GS is selling in 16GB and 32GB versions
- 3.2 megapixel auto focus camera with VGA@30fps video recording, touch focus with subject tracking, macro mode from as close as 10 cm
- Faster network speeds of HSDPA 7.2Mbps
- Noticeably faster performance
- A faster 600MHz CPU and double the RAM at 256MB
Main disadvantages of iPhone 3GS (OS disadvantages not counted here):
- No stereo speakers (or are we pushing it too far already?)
- No FM radio
- No videocalls functionality
- Despite the upgrade, battery life is still generally poor (2-year old iPhone 2G are still doing way better)
- There’s still no flash or hardware shutter key for the camera
- 3 megapixel camera with limited feature set hardly cuts it for a high-end device
- The new iPhone 3GS lacks the same novelty factor as its predecessors – the lack of design changes is a turn-down
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPhone 3GS
GSM / HSPA
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
HSPA 7.2/0.384 Mbps
2009, June. Released 2009, June
115.5 x 62.1 x 12.3 mm (4.55 x 2.44 x 0.48 in)
135 g (4.76 oz)
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
3.5 inches, 36.5 cm2 (~50.9% screen-to-body ratio)
320 x 480 pixels, 3:2 ratio (~165 ppi density)
Corning Gorilla Glass, oleophobic coating
iOS 3, upgradable to iOS 6.1.6
600 MHz Cortex-A8
|Memory Card Slot||
8/16/32 GB, 256 MB RAM
Single, 3.15 MP, AF, f/2.8
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
2.1, A2DP (headset support only)
Yes, with A-GPS
Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Audio/video player/editor, HTML (Safari), iCloud cloud service, Maps, Organizer, Photo viewer/editor, Predictive text input, TV-out, Voice command/dial
Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Up to 300 h
Up to 12 h (2G) / Up to 5 h (3G)
Up to 30 h
|Specific Absorption Rate||
0.26 W/kg (head) 0.79 W/kg (body)
About 110 EUR