- Apple iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi was launched in October 2014 in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray colours .
- iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi measures 200.00 x 134.70 x 7.50mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 331.00 grams .
- Sensors on the tablet include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Apple iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi based on iOS 8.1 and packs 16GB of inbuilt storage.
- iPad Mini 3 sports a 1.2-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi on the rear packs 5-megapixel camera.
- iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi tablet comes with a 7.90-inch display with a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels at a pixel density of 326 pixels per inch (ppi).
Apple iPad Mini 3 Key Features
- Apple iOS 8 .
- 6,471 mAh battery .
- 16/64/128GB of built-in storage .
- Metal unibody, 7.5mm slim, 331g of weight .
- Optional LTE connectivity (Cat. 4, 150Mbps downlink) .
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor built into the Home button .
- 5MP autofocus camera, 1080p@30fps, 1.2MP front-facing camera .
- 7.9″ 1,536 x 2,048 LED-backlit IPS LCD with 324 ppi pixel density .
- Dual-core 1.3 GHz Apple A7 chipset, M7 motion co-processor, PowerVR GX6430 GPU, 1GB of RAM .
Apple iPad Mini 3 Main Disadvantages
- No microSD slot .
- No NFC connectivity, Apple Pay has limited functionality .
- Apple iOS 8 still relies on iTunes for music and file transfers .
- Pricey memory upgrades, 32GB version should have been standard .
iPad Mini 3 Key Test Findings
- Splendid audio output quality .
- The aluminum unibody has great build quality .
- 1080p videos are solid, but come out quite noisy .
- iOS 8 is fast and fluid but not as customizable as Android .
- Touch ID works flawlessly, adds a welcomed new level of security .
- Good display quality, though it’s not improved over last generation .
- Battery life is very good, though it’s not improved over last generation .
- Uninspiring default video player, no subtitles support, extremely limited codec support .
- Connectivity to other devices is limited, sharing almost exclusive to the iOS/OS X ecosystem .
- The main camera does OK in good light, but the FaceTime camera is uninspiring due to low resolution .
- The Apple A7 chipset is capable enough to handle everything in the App Store, but is not future proof for graphics .
- Speakers are quite easily muffled with hand and are not very loud to begin with, though they have excellent sound quality .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPad Mini 3
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850) – A1600
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat3 100/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Available. Released 2014, October
200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm (7.87 x 5.30 x 0.30 in)
331 g (Wi-Fi) / 341 g (3G/LTE) (11.68 oz)
Nano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
7.9 inches, 193.3 cm2 (~71.7% screen-to-body ratio)
1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~324 ppi density)
iOS 8.1, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A7 (28 nm)
Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)
PowerVR G6430 (quad-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
16/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3
Single, 5 MP, f/2.4, 32mm (standard), AF
Single, 1.2 MP
|Selfie Camera Features||
face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band
4.0, A2DP, EDR
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Non-removable Li-Po 6470 mAh battery (24.3 Wh)
Up to 10 h (multimedia)
Space Gray/Black, Silver/White, Gold
About 400 EUR