- Continuity on iOS
- Best camera on a tablet
- Great for gaming
- Brilliant new design
- Maximum volume causes reverberation
- No split-screen
- No multi-window
- Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular was launched in October 2014 in Silver, Gold, and Space Gray colors.
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular measures 240.00 x 169.50 x 6.10mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 437.00 grams .
- Sensors on the tablet include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, and compass/ magnetometer.
- Connectivity options on the Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular based on iOS 8.1 and packs 16GB of inbuilt storage.
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular sports a 1.2-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular on the rear packs 8-megapixel camera.
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular is powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Apple A8X processor and It comes with 2GB of RAM.
- iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular tablet comes with a 9.70-inch display with a resolution of 1536×2048 pixels at a pixel density of 264 pixels per inch (ppi).
iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular Key Features
- 1.2MP 720p front camera with a larger f/2.2 aperture .
- Four and five-finger gestures .
- 16/64/128GB of inbuilt storage .
- Available in Gold color option for the first time .
- Thinner than ever at 6.1 mm and lighter at 437g .
- 802.11ac Wi Fi connectivity .
- TouchID fingerprint sensor .
- 8MP auto-focus camera, 1080p video recording at 30fps, Burst mode, Panorama .
- A8X 64-bit chipset (rumored as triple-core, 1.5 GHz SoC) with an M8 motion coprocessor with a barometer, 2GB of RAM .
- 9.7″ LED-backlit IPS LCD touchscreen, 1536 x 2048 pixels, ~ 264ppi; scratch-resistant, oleophobic coating, 56% less reflectance claimed .
- Comes with premium set of free Apple apps – Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, Garage Band, etc .
- Dedicated secondary noise reduction microphone for FaceTime calls .
- 3G/LTE 150Mbps model available as an option (comes with GPS/GLONASS) .
- iOS 8.1 with Continuity allows you to take iPhone calls and messages on your iPad .
- Stereo speakers .
iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular Main Disadvantages
- Hardware Mute/Rotation lock switch is gone for no practical reason .
- No standard microUSB port .
- No enhanced resistance to liquids or dust, while the competition has them .
- No microSD slot .
- iOS UI lacks proper screen size optimizations and looks the same on phones and tablets .
- Wi-Fi-only version lacks a GPS receiver .
- Tied into iTunes for uploading most of the content .
- Pricey storage upgrades, 32GB version should be standard for the asking price .
iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular Key Test Findings
- 1080p videos are solid, but come out quite noisy; Slow-motion videos look great and are a lot of fun .
- Rather limited connectivity, sharing almost exclusive to the iOS/OS X ecosystem, no NFC and Apple Pay .
- Splendid audio quality .
- Software is fast and fluid but not very customizable .
- Battery life is very good, in keeping with the original iPad Air .
- Touch ID works flawlessly, adds a welcomed new level of security .
- A8X is the best chipset we’ve tested, highlighted by top CPU and GPU performance .
- Speakers are a tad better than the ones of the iPad Air, have a very high ringing volume .
- Great build quality, refined design and thinner frame .
- Camera does a good job in good light, FaceTime HD camera uninspiring due to low resolution .
- Uninspiring default video player, no subtitles support, extremely limited codec support .
- Good display quality – has a higher contrast ratio but it’s a little dimmer than predecessor .
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct
Specification: Apple iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
CDMA 800 / 1900, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700)
HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat4 150/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
Available. Released 2014, October
240 x 169.5 x 6.1 mm (9.45 x 6.67 x 0.24 in)
437 g (Wi-Fi) / 444 g (3G/LTE) (15.41 oz)
Nano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
9.7 inches, 291.4 cm2 (~71.6% screen-to-body ratio)
1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~264 ppi density)
Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
iOS 8.1, upgradable to iOS 12.2
Apple A8X (20 nm)
Triple-core 1.5 GHz Typhoon
PowerVR GXA6850 (octa-core graphics)
|Memory Card Slot||
16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
Single, 8 MP, f/2.4, 31mm (standard), 1.12µm, AF
1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
Single, 1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm (standard)
|Selfie Camera Features||
face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
|Selfie Camera Video||
Yes, with stereo speakers
Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
4.0, A2DP, EDR
Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (3G/LTE model only)
2.0, proprietary reversible connector
Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer, Siri natural language commands and dictation
Non-removable Li-Po 7340 mAh battery (27.62 Wh)
Up to 10 h (multimedia)
Space Gray, Silver, Gold
About 440 EUR